What You Need To Know
- The newest launch in the collab between Adidas and Allbirds to create low-carbon running shoes
- Lots of earth-friendly stuff here, including wood pulp from sustainably grown trees
- No Cheerio lace eyelets!
- Available now for $120 at adidas.com
It’s April, which means it’s the month of our mother, our lover, Miss Planet Earth! We’re seeing new sustainable releases and exciting partnerships everywhere we look. The newest one to keep an eye on is the latest collab between Adidas and Allbirds as they push the boundaries of low-carbon practices in the footwear industry.
An evolution of the FUTURECRAFT.FOOTPRINT that originally launched last year by Adidas, the ADIZERO X ALLBIRDS 2.94 KG CO2E launch is an innovative effort to reduce the carbon footprint of running footwear. During the production process, each pair of shoes used just 2.94kg of CO2e, marking it the only running performance model from each brand to dip below 3kg of CO2e.
We’ve touched on the sustainability efforts of other Allbirds shoes like the Tree Dasher 2.0, but I’d dare to say that the Lorax would be quite impressed with the new ADIZERO X ALLBIRDS 2.94 KG CO2E! The collab offers a personal best for both brands and features some really dope innovations when it comes to the tech behind this shoe.
And while, yes, the sustainability aspect is/should be front and center, we also think the design deserves a callout, especially since we haven’t been huge fans of the Cheerio-loop styling of the average Allbirds in the past. However, this collab has all the makings of a sleek summer shoe.Shop Adidas x Allbirds
According to Kimia Yaraghchian, Product Manager at Adidas, the launch of the shoe “proves that like-minded ambition can help deliver low-carbon running shoes at scale.” Additionally, “all the learnings from this project have subsequently and immediately been incorporated into the creation of further running shoes.”
Four colors are set to be released: Core Black/Bliss, Cloud White/Carbon, Core Black/Acid Red and Allbirds’ exclusive colorway. While some solid colorways are set to drop, you won’t see any hippie tye-dye here. Each shoe has been colored with no dye – a method that uses the material’s natural color to help reduce water consumption.
Key features of the shoe include:
- Bio-Based EVA, including a midsole made from plant-based content derived from sugar cane
- A more minimalistic outsole designed to reduce the CO2 footprint compared to conventional outsoles
- Removal of the torsion bar, leading to more flexibility when out on the run
- Linings, lacing, and embroidery made from 100% recycled polyester
- A smoother more lightweight upper derived from 77% recycled polyester and 23% natural lyocell—a fiber made from sustainably grown wood
We’re hyped to see leaders in the running industry calling for action to save the trees and the bees. You can pick up the ADIZERO X ALLBIRDS 2.94 KG CO2E now by using the shop link below.Shop Adidas x Allbirds
Believe in the Run is supported by our followers. We may earn revenue when you click on shop links, but we’re never compensated for shoe and gear reviews. So thanks for your help!
Rachel is a graduate student at UCF and ran collegiately at Texas A&M University. She still enjoys catching miles in her spare time and is always on the hunt for the best coffee in the area.